CULINARY EROTICA

CULINARY EROTICA
My luvahs

Monday, August 2, 2010

Incorporating easy, healthy recipes

i got a call from my doctor telling me that my sugar was quite low on my last blood test. this only fueled the fire to start incorporating more vegan into my life. so today, hank cooked some awesome, vegan, healthy meals for me. they're simple and delish! he made a kale salad and brown rice mix that were out of this world. here are the recipes:
1- kale salad:
ingredients: kale, avocado, chopped red onion, finely chopped beet leaves, juice of one lemon,1/2 tsp seasalt, dash of cayenne.
remove the kale leaves from the stem, tearing the kale into bite size pieces. put it in a large bowl, ad one avocado (in pieces), red onion, beet leaves, juice of one lemon, the salt and cayenne. mix it all together with your hands to break up the avocado. now you're ready to eat an amazing salad! told you it was easy!
2- brown rice:
ingredients: 1 cup of long grain brown rice, 1 stock of finely chopped celery, 2 cups of water, 1 tsp of coconut oil, 1/2 tsp of soy sauce, dash of garlic powder.
bring to a rolling boil, cover and lower heat. let it simmer for approximately 45 minutes. when the rice is done, remove cover, add finely chopped celery, coconut oil, soy sauce and garlic powder. mix it and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Tip: If you don't have access to avocados, top your salad with a handful of RAW nuts, such as walnuts, pecans, or almonds. Or use 2-4 Tbsp of raw pumpkin or sunflower seeds. These energy dense foods will keep you satisfied longer, give your skin a glow with the abundance of healthy oils, gives the salad more taste, color and fiber :)
    Buy UNroasted nuts & seeds because their delicate oils oxidize quickly with roasting. Store them in refrigerator for longer storage.
    Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your blog going, Grace! I love it! I became a vegetarian this year (not Vegan) and so far, so good. It's been about 7 months now. I love incorporating Vegan recipes into my meals, though, so your site is inspiration!

    And Nadia, which Whole Foods do you work out of? I would love to have someone take me by the hand and give me a lesson in the veggie aisle. So many greens that I never buy, and don't really know how to prepare (Mustard Greens, Kale, etc.). I'd love to have a tutor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy the blog inspires you! That's what it's there for! Even though I'm not a Vegan or Vegetarian, I do follow Nadia's advice because it's HEALTHY. You can contact her at foodconsultant@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete