CULINARY EROTICA

CULINARY EROTICA
My luvahs

Monday, January 24, 2011

Live in the moment & enjoy every bite!

Ok, the title says it! i'm a planner and a worrier so i often forget to live in the moment. this also applies to my relationship with food! i think about what i ate, what i'll eat and about all the bad, yummy things i'd love to eat...instead of enjoying what's in front of me, right NOW. you're wondering how the heck i learned this lesson, right? well, jenny craig made me! her meals sound amazing: cajun chicken with rice, lentils with beef, tortellini.....the catch is...portions are tiny. even a mouse would be bitching about eating jc portions. but instead of wasting my time bitching about what i DON'T have in front of me (ie a huge portion), i decided that my only option to stick to this plan was to ENJOY what i DO have in front of me. who would have thought that my eating habits would teach me about my life habits??....i know, i'm a smart girl. ;)


FOOD CONSULTANT NADIA AREVALO SAYS: (foodconsultant@yahoo.com)

Fennel: Calming effect on digestion stimulates gastric secretions and reduces intestinal cramps. Reduces intestinal gas, flatulence and bloating.

Source: Sandra Cabot MD

“Settle and know your work/business/idea is a good thing worth building. Don’t be stubborn. Win your emotional battle.”

-Ron Ball


RECIPE OF THE DAY:

Warm Smoothie:

1 cup pure water

½ cup almonds, soaked

Bunch of greens

1 ripe banana

TT Nutmeg

TT Allspice………. blend!


SNACK IDEAS:

Dips:

Stabilizer

Crunchy Fiber

Sprouted Grains

Crackers

½ cup:

Lots:

1 or 2:

10-12:

Almond butter

+ Celery/Apple/Jicama

or

+ Sprouted bread/tortilla

or

+ Organic rice crackers

Guacamole

+ Lettuce/Collards/Radishes

or

+ Sprouted tortilla

or

+ Leaf’s Corn Chips

Hummus

+ Celery/Zucchini

or

+ Sprouted tortilla

or

+ Mary’s Gone Crackers

Leaf’s Cashew Kreme Cheese

+ carrots/yams

or

+ Sprouted bread/ tortilla

or

+ Leaf’s Kale Chips


2 comments:

  1. Great tip. Sometimes I'm shoveling my food so fast and not really enjoying it. I'm going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear it Natalie! I'm so happy my Battle with the Lbs's "Deep Thoughts" inspire you! :P

    ReplyDelete