CULINARY EROTICA

CULINARY EROTICA
My luvahs

Saturday, September 25, 2010

No time to exercise!

i've been sooo busy lately! producing 2 sizzle reels, working on my solo show, auditioning, doing acting gigs, doing stand up & improv shows and tutoring to supplement my income. CRAZY! but loving it! (hank doesn't love it so much..) anywho, my biggest problem is no time or energy to exercise. like today, i just want to vegetate at home doing nothing or doing fun things like blogging.
so since i can't exercise like i used to, i find that my incorporating vegan is helping me to NOT gain weight. i eat very lil carbs and focus on protein (meat 3 times a week) and lots of veggies. not just lettuce and tomato, i'm talking awesome salads that have all the vitamins and nutrition that you need. add grated beets, grated yams, celery, corn and beans to your salad. it's filling, nutritious and low cal.
so i'm including a few fun salads for you to incorporate in your diet.


FOOD CONSULTANT NADIA SAYS:

Food of the Day- Carrot: “Excellent for skin problems. Reduces inflammation of the mucus membranes in the intestines and respiratory tract. Is a liver cleanser and tonic. Healing effect in ulcerous and inflamed conditions of the stomach and intestines.”

Source: Sandra Cabot MD

Thought of the Day: "A person is a product of his own thoughts. Believe BIG."

-David J. Schwartz


A lil Something about Nadia:

Hi Everyone,

Here’s a bit about me J I have been studying nutrition for almost 10 years as the inspiration of my elderly father, teachers and my personal health has taught me to discover how food is closely related to mood, energy, mental clarity, aging, and disease prevention. I received my Bachelors of Science in Nutritional Sciences and a Certificate in Alternative Nutrition from California State University of Los Angeles as well as a Certificate in Beginning Culinary Arts.

My years of gained knowledge through education, research, doctors, travel, seminars and receiving mentoring from masters of different dietary disciplines has endowed me with a wealth of expertise I enjoy sharing with my clients and friends alike. Toxins and chemicals are so embedded in our daily consumption that, in many cases, making just a few changes increases the vibration of your life. I invite you to take the first step in revealing the best you can be. Feel free to contact me through e-mail.

~Nadia Arévalo

Wellness Food Consultant

food.consultant@yahoo.com


SALADS GALORE!

Celery, turnip & beet salad:

1 cup thinly sliced celery
1/2 cup of grated turnips
1/2 cup of grated beets
1/2 tbsp brown rice vinegar
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
3/4 tbsp nama shoyu (basically soy sauce)
1 tbsp olive oil
dandelion TT


Zucchini salad:

1 cup grated zucchini
1/2 cup grated carrot
1 whole large smashed avocado
1/2 tbsp nama shoyu
1/2 tbsp grated ginger
1 1/2 tbsp sesame/olive oil
turmeric TT
dill or basil TT


No comments:

Post a Comment